Using January to plan where you’d like to explore this year? It’s more fun than making New Year’s resolutions! 😁 If North Cornwall is on your list, we’re here to help provide a bit of inspiration! In no particular order here’s our top ten recommended things to do!
1) Get in the sea! Whether it’s swimming in Bude’s gorgeous sea pool or at one of our beautiful beaches. Not a swimmer? Enjoy surfing or exploring the coastline by coasteering, SUP or canoe; there are so many options! Apparently getting in the water is good for you! So it can also count towards your New Year’s resolutions😜
Bude Sea Pool is 25 minutes from us and free. Park at Summerleaze car park.
2)Hike the south west coastal path. The North Cornwall coastline makes for a challenging walk in places, but with stunning views around every corner it is so worth it! Use the @iwalkcornwall app to plan circular walks around your chosen bit of footpath if you don’t want a there and back again walk. One of our favourite stretches is from Tintagel to Boscastle. You can park at Boscastle and take the bus to Tintagel. Look around Tintagel (more info below) then walk back to Boscastle, which takes 2-3 hours.
3) Visit Tintagel, the legendary birth place of King Arthur. Check out the impressive new bridge, enjoy the views and learn more about Cornwall’s history along with the myths and legends. We recommend time your visit for low tide and explore Merlin’s cave as well.
4) Explore Bodmin Moor, discover stunning views, pools in old quarries, rock formations, stone circles and much more. Minions and Roughtor are our two of favourite walk recommendations but there are so many! Carparks at Roughtor and Minions are free.
5) Visit some of our surrounding National Trust properties. Our favourite time to visit is in spring when the the bluebells at Lanhydrock put on an impressive display! The house is a great wet weather option and the parkland has extensive trails for dog walking and mountain biking. You’ll also find a couple of cafes and a playground for the children.
6) Wonder at the waterfalls at St Nectans Glen – beautiful and magical, take off your shoes and paddle to the base. You can combine this with a gorgeous walk on the Iwalk Cornwall app that also takes in Rocky Valley and Bossiney beach.
7) Cycle the camel trail! Stop off @camelvalleyvinyard for a tiple and finish by enjoying fish and chips in foodie Padstow.
8) Wander around the beautiful harbour towns like port Isaac (the location for Doc Martin) and Boscastle.
9)Get out into nature and marvel at our local wildlife. In winter our favourite experience is the starting murmurations. There are also some brilliant boat operators that do safaris to spot some of Cornwall’s wonderful marine wildlife.
10) Last and not least stay with us a Ekopod! At night enjoy the stars – Bodmin Moor has European dark skies status so perfect for star gazing. During the day relax in our gorgeous glamping pods and enjoy beautiful views over the Cornish countryside.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of the top ten things to do in North Cornwall. All our guests get a detailed online guidebook with lots of other recommendations and tips, it can also be downloaded at:
How many have you been to? Let us know if we’ve missed your favourite!